Sunday, May 31, 2020

Dreams Walking / Walking Dreams

Are there several realities? Are dreams real? Is our waking/walking life the opposite of our imagination? Got any other good existential questions this morning?

I was lucky. I got a poem in the first issue of a new lit mag, Dreams Walking. It's called, "Campfire Programs at Big Basin State Park," a place where I used to go in the summer as a kid. I went back recently to camp, hike and go to evening campfire programs. They're still good, but they use a video projector, and there's no raging bonfire and no roaring campfire songs that I remember so well. Maybe that's a great truth, you can't go back again. But then you can in a poem.

There are lots of fine poems in this mag. And mine is accompanied by an eerie forest photo. Thanks to the editors for this opportunity.

https://www.dreamswalking.org/current-issue

No comments:

Post a Comment