Monday, February 6, 2023

Evening Street -- There


"Not There Yet," is my poem featured in the Evening Street Review, no. 35. The good news is that the journal is excellent. The bad news is that it's available only for sale. There's lots of good fiction, non-fiction and poetry inside, so it's worth the $2 on Kindle or you can get the paper version for $16.

Barbara Bergmann runs the show, but has a lot of help. My thanks to her and to everyone connected to Evening Street. I imagine that the name refers--if not to an actual street--to the late afternoon, but it could also be the gerund of the verb 'to even' ie. to make the same, equality, parity, equity. Hmm. Are we there yet?

The poem begins with a song text that I remembered from my time in Zimbabwe when I was 20. I sang it in the shower for decades before I searched and found the source, thanks to Art Garfunkel.

https://eveningstreetpress.com/product/evening-street-review-number-35-autumn-2022/

No comments:

Post a Comment