Sunday, April 21, 2024

Two old dogs, no new tricks, lots of hidden pandemonium





I'm very grateful to the Pandemonium Journal for publishing my poem, "Talking to the Dead," yesterday. I got a lot of nice comments, but I think they were more about reconnecting than about the poem. If you're curious, here's the link below. While you're on the site check out the rest of the pandemonium. It gets wild. 

The journal originates from Pakistan, edited by Afshan Shafi, Fatima Ijaz & Talia Mirza. They seem very nice and certainly put together an excellent literary journal. Good luck to them always. And thanks so much for including me.

The poem comes from what I notice is the use of social media to speak to the dead. I mean, we used to say: "I miss her," now we say, "I miss you." As if they could hear or read our notes, maybe they can. And it takes off from there, quickly getting into some real pandemonium. If you want greeting card poetry, I'm not your guy.

The photo is of me and Kiki relaxing, pretending everything is going to be all right. (I'm the dog on the left.)


https://pandemoniumjournal.com/talking-to-the-dead-by-martin-pedersen/

No comments:

Post a Comment