Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Taj Mahal: the palace or the singer?

Neither. The Taj Mahal Review is one of India's premier literary magazines, publishing Indian and worldwide authors . On page 176 of the December 2013 issue you will find seven of my short poems. I am pleased to be published in India, where it's all happening. High on my list of places I still want to visit.

Here in Messina we have few Indians but a large population from Sri Lanka. One of my friends came back from there yesterday and brought me bananas, pineapple, tea, coconut candy, and a painting of elephants on black velvet. Another friend is from Mauritius, an island in the Indian ocean. She is returning today from her mother's funeral. We'll have plenty to talk about. I've been reading the Ramayana, better than the Rings trilogy.

Maybe I'll publish more in India, stay tuned. Plus I still like Taj Mahal, the singer.
Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment