Monday, February 18, 2019

Extreme Old School - Bear Creek Haiku

Bear Creek Haiku is a tiny handmade journal of tiny handmade poems. I've got five in the current issue (#151). I'm also on the blog (below) on Jan. 15 and Dec. 29. This wonderful publication from Colorado reminds me of the 1970's and 80's, of the smell of the mimeograph machine in the War Resisters office where I used to volunteer. It's printed on colored paper, photocopied (I presume), stapled, cut into an envelope size and sent by mail with a stamp. You've got to get this little gem. It's a pure labor of love by the editor, ayaz daryl nielsen, assisted by three cats. Thanks, man. I love it, low-tech, high-essence, lots of great poems in a traditional package.

The photo is of Bear Creek, Colorado, waiting to thaw.

read the blog here and order your little copy of BCH:
https://bearcreekhaiku.blogspot.com

I'm also very pleased to see three little poems reprinted in issue 152. Thanks ayaz!

No comments:

Post a Comment